Saturday 19 September 2015

Goal setting




Hello peeps. Just wanna share..
In everyday of your life, have you set the goal or objectives that you want to achieve whether in long-term and short term goal
I know everyone has different goal setting which actually affected by our perceptions, environments, thinkings and emotions
Actually there are many types of goal that I want to share here. Based on this story, lets consider what three girls might be thinking during the first day of a basketball unit in a physical education class

Jane: This is my chance to show all the girls what a great basketball player I am. If I stay near the basket, Joan and June will keep passing to me, and I’ll score a lot of points. I can really impress coach and my friends.

Joan: Boy, I hope I don’t screw this up. If I shoot at the basket and miss, I’ll look like a real jerk. Maybe I should just stay outside the three-point line and keep passing to Jane and June

June: I’d really like to become a better basketball player. I can’t figure out why I don’t get more of my shots into the basket. I’ll ask coach to give me feedback about how I can improve my game. Maybe some of my friends will have suggestion too

See.. all three girls want to play basketball well but for different reasons.

Jane is concerned mostly about her performance- that is about looking good in front of her coach and classmates-and so she wants to maximize opportunities to demonstrate her skill on the courts. Joan is also concerned about the impression she’ll make, but she just want to make sure she does’nt look bad. Unlike Jane and Joan, June isn’t even thinking her performance will appear to others. Instead she is interested mainly in developing her skill in mastering the game. For June making mistakes is an inevitable part of learning a new skill, not a source of embarrassment or humiliation.

June’s approach to basketball illustrates a mastery goal- a desire to achieve competence by acquiring additional knowledge mastering new skill.

In contrast Jane and Joan are each setting a performance goal- a desire to present oneself as competent in 
the eyes of others. More specifically, Jane has performance-approach goal: She wants to look good and receive favorable judgments Joan has performance avoidance goal: She wants not to look bad and receive unfavorable judgments
Therefore, by understanding this story, which goal setting you favor a most?… Evaluate yourself

#Mencarisemangatnaktulistesis

Moga Allah redha

No comments:

Post a Comment